The master bedroom is a valuable part of your home. Not only is it an appealing room for potential buyers, but it is also a relaxing retreat for you at the end of the day. Because of its importance, you will want to make sure your master bedroom complements your style and personality well. With a fresh coat of paint, you can improve the look AND feel of the space. Of course, choosing the right paint can become overwhelming. With these tips, you will be able to choose the right paint for your master bedroom.
Color is the most important factor to consider when selecting a new paint for your bedroom. Not only will it encompass your personality, but it will also make your home feel more serene and relaxing. Here are a few appealing colors that have been proven to induce feelings of calm:
- Dark Grey or Blue – A dark grey or blue color will be dramatic, yet cool.
- Light Grey – For a more subtle serenity, opt for a softer shade of grey on your walls.
- Light Blue – The crisp and cool light blue of the sky is definitely relaxing, so it is easy to see why this soft color is suited to your master bedroom.
- Soft Green – Add a natural elegance to your master bedroom with a soft shade of green. The lighter shade offers a hint of color without overwhelming your space.
- Lavender – Most people confuse lavender with purple, but they are two different colors. This incredibly-soft hue of purple is mature and stress-relieving.
Once you decide on a color, you will need to select the right paint finish. Again, you will most likely be surprised by the numerous options when it comes to finishes, but the right choice will add elegance and longevity to your paint.
The main rule to know when selecting a finish is that the higher the sheen and higher the shine, the more durable the paint will be. Unlike the family or living room, the master bedroom is not the most used room of the house. However, the room will see a good amount of use over the years, so you will want a durable finish on the walls.
A flat/matte paint finish is a good option because it hides marks and bumps well. This reduces the amount of time and money you will need to spend repainting your bedrooms space.
If you prefer a slight amount of luster, consider an eggshell finish. This finish is easier to clean compared to a matte finish.
Painting your master bedroom is an easy way to add style. Using this guide, you will be able to select an appealing, relaxing, and durable paint option for this bedroom space. Contact a company, like Carvey Painting & Decorating Inc, for more help.